Korowal is a learning community based on shared values.
We value a love of learning as a lifetime endeavour in pursuit of knowledge and understanding.
- our learning environment is creative and harmonious
- the curriculum is integrated, challenging, nourishing and holistic
- curiosity and endeavour are fostered
- our children use quality materials
- we provide considered feedback and evaluation
- we take time to encourage concentration and reflection
- our teachers demonstrate involvement and competence
- we recognise beauty and quality
We value the qualities of compassion, equity, respect and commitment.
This means we
- listen and respond with openness and empathy
- strive to inspire others through our own actions
- are fair and kind
- are trustful and approachable
- are committed to resolution of conflict
- act inclusively, ethically and without prejudice
We value the uniqueness, and complexity and humanity of each individual.
This means we
- acknowledge diverse abilities, gifts, strengths and weaknesses
- challenge others in a supportive way to realise their potential
- are open to self appraisal and reflection
- act with integrity
- foster independent thought and resilience
- act mindfully with responsibility and without fear
- cherish childhood and the consciousness of children
- nurture the balanced development of body, mind and spirit
We value the role of the individual in sustaining the school community.
- we create a mutually supportive environment where all are free to learn
- we acknowledge our responsibilities to the larger community
- all are included, cared for and supported
- parents participate and contribute
- the rights and responsibilities of all are respected
- we seek consensus in governance and decision-making
We aspire to be a school that is beneficial for the present and future world community.
- our education prepares children for life as world citizens
- we promote decision making that supports sustainability
- we act to preserve the world heritage natural environment
- we encourage awareness of other cultures
- we seek to advance human-centred, sustainable education
- we act for peace and conciliation